Saturday, March 17, 2012

Zero's Heroes






Hey everybody! Just wanted to show some work I did for www.newhavencomics.com . I was working on a new coloring style that I actually really like. I am working on combining more traditional medium into my work. Here I used Yarka watercolor http://www.enasco.com/product/9711245 on a separate piece of bristol after finishing the inks. This served as an underpainting for the final pages. In the future I will be making two changes. 1. More digital work to flesh out the work (for cover work that means more digital painting ala The Carrier; interiors will need more layers of flat colors to break up space). 2. I am going to use these watercolor pencils that I got from my brother for Christmas. I always thought watercolor pencils were crap, but these are actually really nice and do a good job on detail work.


No comments: